The firm was founded in Chicago in 1951 by Louis C. Cordogan. He added a second office in Aurora Illinois in l968. Lou Cordogan apprenticed with the regional pioneer modernists Keck + Keck Architects and with Paul Schweiker. At the leading edge of architectural and technological innovation, these firms were concerned with aesthetically refined high-performance design and construction. Lou's own practice built on this solid foundation and matured to include diverse financial, religious, residential and hotel projects. Lou always worked to synthesize durable design and construction.
John Cordogan, Managing Partner, joined the firm in 1973. In 1984 John Clark joined the firm as a founding partner of Cordogan, Clark & Associates. The firm has since grown significantly and is now a privately owned corporation of 80 professionals including, 54 architects / engineers / planners. Crain's Chicago Business has ranked CCA as one of the 20 largest architectural firms in Chicago, and CCA is the largest architectural firm in Kane County. The firm is organized in two offices with John Cordogan, Principal in Charge of the Aurora office and John Clark, Principal in Charge of the Chicago office. Architects and engineers within the firm are affiliated with numerous professional associations including the American Institute of Architects and are licensed by NCARB to practice through the United States.