Waubonsee Community College's new Field House addition and renovated Erickson Hall, on the college's Sugar Grove campus, marks the completion of its 2020 College Master Plan. The plan included the addition of seven new buildings between the four campuses as well as multiple infrastructure and renovation projects. Cordogan Clark & Associates provided master planning and architectural services for Waubonsee Community College and assisted in the development of the 2020 College Master Plan.
Located on the Sugar Grove campus of Waubonsee Community College, the new 59,000 square foot Field House and 55,000 square foot Erickson Hall renovation provides training, practice, and competition space to support Waubonsee's athletics program, including credit and noncredit physical education and wellness instruction. The complex offers a seamless, first-class facility that will make it easier for multiple teams to practice and also serves as a recruiting tool.
Highlights of the new state-of-the-art 59,000 square foot $19 million field house include:
- Three indoor courts (with two traditional athletic flooring and one with artificial turf to accommodate soccer, baseball and softball practices)
- 170 meter three-lane indoor suspended running track
- 2,500 Sq. Ft. Dance and Fitness Studio
- Athletic team training room
- Snack bar and lounge
- Renovated Competition gymnasium with bleacher capacity for 800 spectators
- Renovated fitness center and locker rooms
- Strength and Conditioning Center for athletic teams
- Waubonsee athletic team, visiting team and officials locker rooms and team meeting rooms
- Renovated Athletic Hall of Fame
"This building is more than just a place to play or work out," Dr. Sobek told the hundreds of students, staff and other community members who gathered to see the building. "It will also help us foster pride, develop our students as well-rounded individuals and contribute to the quality of life for our community."
Cordogan Clark & Associates were the architects for the new Aurora Campus and new Field House and renovated Erickson Hall; Turner Construction provided construction management services for both projects.